UPDATE: This giveaway is now closed. Our winner is Kerry Maclness! Congratulations :)
LET'S GET THIS PARTY STARTED!
*turns up the laptop volume to a bumpin' song
IT'S MY ONE YEAR BLOGVERSARY!!!
*throws some gold confetti in your face
Woo hoo! I'd like to thank the academy and my mom and my laptop. Clever Nest is one year old!
Technically speaking, I started blogging in July of 2011. But without any knowledge of the blogging world, vision, or knowing what the hey I was doing. I count February 2012 as the official start of my "serious" blogging journey. Faithful, mainly coherent posts, with a clear goal, "I want to be a DIY blogger!"
I want to thank YOU for sticking with me this past year, cheering me on, and giving me some sweet lovin'! Lord willing I'll be at this for a long long time.
I Feel Like We've Met Before
Sometimes it's easy as a blogger to get lost behind the projects and crafts I do sometimes. So let me introduce myself!
I'm Alyssa. Sarcastic DIYer, wife to my hunky aerospace engineer husband Jason,
and mommy to my chunky Munchkin, Andrew. I can't believe he's 16 months old already!
I'm literally going one room at a time, organizing, crafting, and decorating my way to awesomeness. And on a budget. That's what this blog is all about!
Taking it to the Next Level
Let's take things a little deeper, shall we? I'm about to reveal some other things you may not know about me!
- My worst fear is to forget I am in public and just let one rip, loud and proud. Unfortunately that happens way.too.often.
- My secret wish is to go sky diving with Jason. Jason's secret wish is to never ever go skydiving. We are at an impasse.
- If I could go anywhere in the world, it'd be Can Cun beach, where we honeymooned.
- The chore I hate above all others is IRONING!
- I'm allergic to ironing, cats, Christmas trees and poor grammar.
- I'd rather eat leftovers than breakfast food any day. Pizza is at the top of my breakfast list!
- My favorite TV shows are Downton Abbey, Once Upon a Time, and anything with Gordon Ramsay!
- Speaking of Gordon Ramsay, my favorite pig out foods include dipped mint oreos, my sister-in-law's lemon cake, and jalepeno poppers.
- Things that make me happy- pumpkin spice lattes, slobbery baby kisses, and throw pillows (that's actually a rather profound insight into my life)
Giveaway from Freshy Fig
It's time for the giveaway! To say a huge THANK YOU for supporting Clever Nest I've planned a full month of giveaways, from some of my most favorite shops! Enter to win a $25 Shop Credit from Freshy Fig!
You can visit Amanda's etsy shop here :)
I am in mad love with Freshy Fig's jewelry, I want every single thing! Here are some super cute vintage pieces.
This little gold elephant is calling my name...
This giveaway is open til 2/15 at midnight. Winner will be announced here on the blog on Saturday, 2/16! Come back to see if you won! (it may take a minute for the Rafflecopter feature to load)
Can't wait to see who wins!